I just finished the book ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ by Elizabeth Gilbert. The title makes it sound like a self help book, which it does have parts of it for the author, but it did have some hilarious moments. I loved the section on Italy. Going to learn Italian and gain back some lost weight with amazing food, wow, how wonderful would that be. Not sure I’ll ever know, so I’m thankful she could describe it so vividly. Which brings me to her writing style. She’s a bit over the top. I’m not sure I could ever feel or think half the thoughts that come to her mind. Maybe I’ll think of a better way to describe that later. The sections on India and Bali were considerably slower. There is a character, Richard from Texas that is awesome. I hope I can meet someone that can speak that clear and to the point one day in my life. (he’s real, he was on Oprah with Elizabeth). And Bali has some cool cultural information but the love life thing is a little too melodramatic for my tastes. Again, I’m just not sure I can believe a man could worship any woman’s body as much as she describes. Either way, I’d recommend this book. Here’s a piece from her experience in India. I really loved this. She still needed to forgive her ex-husband and her friend wrote this for her and sent her up to a rooftop….


Instructions for Freedom

  1. Life’s metaphors are God’s instructions.
  2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and the Infinite. Now, let go.
  3. The day is ending. It’s time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go.
  4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being here is God’s response. Let go, and watch the stars come out – on the outside and on the inside.
  5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go.
  6. With all your heart, forgive him, FORGIVE YOURSELF, and let him go.
  7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then let go.
  8. Watch the heat of the day pass into the cool night. Let go.
  9. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.
  10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy.

http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/eatpraylove.htm

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr