0
Here is a summary of last night. The good normal part was Jeff's company Christmas party - dinner at Terranovas. All the guys (and now 1 female employee) got an Ipod Touch. (very nice, esp since I just got a $20 gift card from walmart from my job). We come home and I asked Jeff one more time if he wanted to go see DJ Logic at Crossroads. He said no. I called some girlfriends, and yes they were still in, so I headed out without the husband. The opening band I had never heard of - Lord T & Eloise. They came to the stage kinda late a little before 11pm.
I wish I had taken a photo of my facial expression b/c I'm not sure how to describe it - awe, shock, amusement, probably. On stage were 3 white boys, one in an aristocrat wig, one with a silver painted face and another one. They break out into full rap and jump around stage like I would picture the way I acted when I was 12. It was hilarious. I didnt care much for the music but some of the young crowd seemed to be into it. Though I'm pretty sure some of them were already rolling on some kind of special stuff. Anyway, the first few songs were hilarious since I've never experienced anything like that before. My cheeks did hurt from laughing at everything, the lyrics, the props they wore and showed off (gold cape, tennis racket, and yes real money - given away to most everyone).
DJ Logic did not take the stage till nearly 12:20, so by that point I was coming down from whatever excitement I had about going out that night. I'm glad I got to see him, but I wasnt blown away like I had hoped. He only had a few more groovy techy snipits that I liked. He mixed in a little too much rap sounding stuff for my tastes. I was home a little after 1 am. And got to sleep in past 8am - yeah!
I wish I had taken a photo of my facial expression b/c I'm not sure how to describe it - awe, shock, amusement, probably. On stage were 3 white boys, one in an aristocrat wig, one with a silver painted face and another one. They break out into full rap and jump around stage like I would picture the way I acted when I was 12. It was hilarious. I didnt care much for the music but some of the young crowd seemed to be into it. Though I'm pretty sure some of them were already rolling on some kind of special stuff. Anyway, the first few songs were hilarious since I've never experienced anything like that before. My cheeks did hurt from laughing at everything, the lyrics, the props they wore and showed off (gold cape, tennis racket, and yes real money - given away to most everyone). DJ Logic did not take the stage till nearly 12:20, so by that point I was coming down from whatever excitement I had about going out that night. I'm glad I got to see him, but I wasnt blown away like I had hoped. He only had a few more groovy techy snipits that I liked. He mixed in a little too much rap sounding stuff for my tastes. I was home a little after 1 am. And got to sleep in past 8am - yeah!
