0
A catch up on a few things in our house. Allison (who will be 16 months next week) had another ear infection and just finished those antibiotics. This one came just 6 weeks after the last one. No mention of going to an ENT but I do see it in her future. Over the last couple weeks we’ve skipped that last night time bottle a few times and others she just drank a couple ounces. I tried the sippy cup late last week at night and the next night she pushed away the bottle. So I packed them up! All bottles are gone. Yeah! Also on that front, I bought some vanilla soy milk Saturday and that’s all she’s had for milk. I’ve been told a few times that milk is not good when you are sick since it increases mucous. And another friend swears that our bodies are not made to digest milk, certainly not young toddlers. So we’ll try this soy since she seems to drink it without a fuss.
We had a houseful for July 4th. Jeff’s parents came up on Friday and soon after Jeff and I ran out of the house screaming… freedom. Just kidding. But it is nice that his parents are comfortable enough in our house that we can take off and let them be. We just went out and I had a delicious martini called the blue dolphin. We ate some food that was not memorable since I had a second martini and then we hung out at some friends house. It was a nice medium size crowd where I felt like I actually had conversations since I didn’t have to watch out after Allison. Wow, after re-reading that it sounds like I need more date nights, haha. Saturday afternoon when Greg, Claire, James and Jim got there, the ladies went off the Flying Monkey Arts center for the Saturday artist market. James is almost 2 months old and filled out and so much cuter. He looks more like Claire so I guess Greg knows how I feel, haha. Jim is still gathering up post doc offers so we’re not sure where he’ll be living in a few months.
We’ll be at the beach with my family in a couple weeks. I can’t wait. I think the last time my brother and sisters kids saw each other was at my wedding almost 5 years ago. And this will be the first time my sister meets Allison. I was so excited to get to show some of them the white sand on the Florida beaches but we may just get to look at it and not play in it. I’m still hearing mixed reports on how bad the oil is and where it’s washing up. We all decided to keep our plans since the rental house has its own pool. It’ll be a lot of fun and I can’t wait to have more memories with my own family since these group gatherings are few and far between.
We had a houseful for July 4th. Jeff’s parents came up on Friday and soon after Jeff and I ran out of the house screaming… freedom. Just kidding. But it is nice that his parents are comfortable enough in our house that we can take off and let them be. We just went out and I had a delicious martini called the blue dolphin. We ate some food that was not memorable since I had a second martini and then we hung out at some friends house. It was a nice medium size crowd where I felt like I actually had conversations since I didn’t have to watch out after Allison. Wow, after re-reading that it sounds like I need more date nights, haha. Saturday afternoon when Greg, Claire, James and Jim got there, the ladies went off the Flying Monkey Arts center for the Saturday artist market. James is almost 2 months old and filled out and so much cuter. He looks more like Claire so I guess Greg knows how I feel, haha. Jim is still gathering up post doc offers so we’re not sure where he’ll be living in a few months.
We’ll be at the beach with my family in a couple weeks. I can’t wait. I think the last time my brother and sisters kids saw each other was at my wedding almost 5 years ago. And this will be the first time my sister meets Allison. I was so excited to get to show some of them the white sand on the Florida beaches but we may just get to look at it and not play in it. I’m still hearing mixed reports on how bad the oil is and where it’s washing up. We all decided to keep our plans since the rental house has its own pool. It’ll be a lot of fun and I can’t wait to have more memories with my own family since these group gatherings are few and far between.
