Last Christmas (or 2?) Jeff’s parents got him a smoker. He’s used it a few times and made a great boston butt and smoked chickens, but there was some trouble getting it hot enough in the winter. It was a great start though to realize we wanted the real deal. I say we, but Jeff did all the research. And since I don’t cook and he does – I’ll let that man buy most anything he wants to if he keeps cooking up delicious grub!
For the 4th of July weekend since we had a big group of family coming over I suggested Jeff get a brisket. I’m from Texas and that will always be my first choice for bbq. He found out that stores around here either don’t carry them, or don’t know how to cut it (they trim all the fat off). Luckily though Sams had one left – a 14.5 lb one. Haha. He made his own custom rub for seasoning. It turned out great and we got probably 20 servings or more from it. When we were done with it, he took it to work for more bragging rights. I’d say every other week at work the guys in his team come up with something new that involves food and turning it into a competition. I’m thinking this is Jeff’s favorite part of his job but you’ll have to ask him.
Soon I’ll add another true geek entry on how Jeff rigged up a security camera outside pointed at the temperature gauge on the Big Green Egg, that sends pictures to his computer at home, then from work he can log into his home computer and get the latest pictures to see the camera and temp.

3:26 PM
You got it all wrong. I logged into the camera today from my phone to check the temp. :) Good thing I did too! I came home during a break because the temp was getting too high.