0
For the last 6 months at least I have ofcourse been wishing to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The last 5 pounds decided to take up permanent residence in my stomach and thighs. Skip ahead to this week when I started reading the Twilight book - yes I had to find out what this craze is that has taken over the nation. So I started that Sunday night and by Monday was about halfway done with a 400 or 500 page book. And I thought, damn, it's only Monday and I only get about 2-3 hours of reading time in after Allison goes to bed, so it'd be nice to skip a day of work to read. Can you see where this is going? I got my day off and I got that 5 lbs off. And it may have been the worst 12 hours of my life. The stomach bug started about 5pm when I was home with Allison alone (Jeff was in Atlanta). Luckily the restroom is right off her bedroom and I almost made it to the toilet every time. I'll skip those details. After she went to bed it just got worse. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep that night. I have a hard time asking for help, but my friend Heather offered to take Allison to daycare and I gladly took her up on that offer. It's good to have a friend with a flexible work schedule. Well it's good to have friends period! So I gradually got better yesterday, mostly chugged Gatorade and looked at the crackers in my hand. Jeff got home early this morning and he'll need some recovery time to get over the guilt trip I gave him. But now the house needs some Clorox sprayed into the ventilation system before company comes next weekend. Guess I may be doing a major scrub down instead of baking those cookies.
