I caught up in age to Jeff yesterday. He wasn’t here to see it though. I was hoping Allison would say mama for my birthday, but no luck yet. She does say what appears to be ‘hi’ though. Either way she greeted me with a big smile so that was good enough. I had a couple of my margarita girlfriends over last. I think they enjoyed babytime most. (They are both waiting on grandkids they fear may never come. ) Allison was really good except for a few minutes when Liz took off her glasses. This change of face must have freaked her out because the bottom lip and a few cries came out, but she calmed down and went back to happy baby soon enough.
I had a bit of a head cold last week, but it went away enough for me to torture myself with an aerobics class yesterday. That free gym membership is a little motivation to get me in there. Now, I just need some motivation on my diet. I really need to get back into my pants before winter. I can get into them, but I fear I may have panty crater lines on the rear and I would rather not draw that kind of attention. I know they say that it took 8 months to put on the weight, but after 5 months you get impatient for it go back to wherever it came from. That whole breastfeeding thing did not result in one of those magical stories I hear of women getting down a smaller weight than before they were pregnant. Whoever started those stories are evil! I am happy to report that I am back into my smaller bras. Thank the heavens my ta-tas did not get larger. I’m pretty sure my feet are the same size too. Strange how I was so greatly concerned about those 2 aspects of my body.
There is not much news on the homefront. I enjoyed some of our cooler weather and hammered in some fence nails Sunday. We learned that the previous owner built that fence himself – that explained a lot. I hope it can last another 5 years, but I’m doubtful. We tried out the baby jogger and it’s definitely nicer. I do love how our neighborhood is big enough for several different walking routes. I’m still way behind on printing photos of Allison and getting some collages up on the walls. I don’t think I’m living up to first-time-parent standards of having 20 photos of the new baby in the family room :)
Jeff’s parents will be back this weekend on their way back home. Guess we can have another Saturday night out since babysitters will be there. Friday night I’ll be lounging with a bunch of girlfriends, martinis in hand, at someone’s lakehouse. Oh how I wish I could snap my fingers and make Friday appear now. My next countdown will be for our beach trip next month. I wonder what Allison will think when she puts a sandy hand in her mouth. Haha.
I had a bit of a head cold last week, but it went away enough for me to torture myself with an aerobics class yesterday. That free gym membership is a little motivation to get me in there. Now, I just need some motivation on my diet. I really need to get back into my pants before winter. I can get into them, but I fear I may have panty crater lines on the rear and I would rather not draw that kind of attention. I know they say that it took 8 months to put on the weight, but after 5 months you get impatient for it go back to wherever it came from. That whole breastfeeding thing did not result in one of those magical stories I hear of women getting down a smaller weight than before they were pregnant. Whoever started those stories are evil! I am happy to report that I am back into my smaller bras. Thank the heavens my ta-tas did not get larger. I’m pretty sure my feet are the same size too. Strange how I was so greatly concerned about those 2 aspects of my body.
There is not much news on the homefront. I enjoyed some of our cooler weather and hammered in some fence nails Sunday. We learned that the previous owner built that fence himself – that explained a lot. I hope it can last another 5 years, but I’m doubtful. We tried out the baby jogger and it’s definitely nicer. I do love how our neighborhood is big enough for several different walking routes. I’m still way behind on printing photos of Allison and getting some collages up on the walls. I don’t think I’m living up to first-time-parent standards of having 20 photos of the new baby in the family room :)
Jeff’s parents will be back this weekend on their way back home. Guess we can have another Saturday night out since babysitters will be there. Friday night I’ll be lounging with a bunch of girlfriends, martinis in hand, at someone’s lakehouse. Oh how I wish I could snap my fingers and make Friday appear now. My next countdown will be for our beach trip next month. I wonder what Allison will think when she puts a sandy hand in her mouth. Haha.

9:55 AM
Friday is here! Time to start counting down to the beach!