0
I had my first gas tank that cost more than $60 today. Locally we are holding at about $3.99 and I'm thankful to have a car that doesn't want premium grade. I do remember when gas was under $1. I think that was about 12 years ago. Those were the good ole days when you could cruise for fun and not worry. Now I calculate a trip to store X will cost me an additional $4 b/c it's 10 miles across town. Or even leaving for lunch will add an extra $3, making now even cheap Taco Bell go up to about $7 so it's hardly ever worth it.
My group at work had their awards ceremony today. I liked the casual setting at the botanical gardens, but it was hot. I'm waiting to see if anyone got sick from the potato salad. (I stay away from mayo when it's served in 90 degree weather). I was nominated for a peer award under the communication category. I had a suspicion that I would loose to the younger, cuter, always happy and now pregnant girl and I was right. Everyone likes her including me, so I wasn't upset.
Before going to the Botanical Gardens I went to the Space & Rocket Center to see our exhibit getting set up. This was my first time in the new Davidson center. I was impressed. They did a good job of setting it up so you can walk under the Saturn V rocket. I'll have to take Jeff back with me and show him the fake moon dirt glovebox I helped create.
My group at work had their awards ceremony today. I liked the casual setting at the botanical gardens, but it was hot. I'm waiting to see if anyone got sick from the potato salad. (I stay away from mayo when it's served in 90 degree weather). I was nominated for a peer award under the communication category. I had a suspicion that I would loose to the younger, cuter, always happy and now pregnant girl and I was right. Everyone likes her including me, so I wasn't upset.
Before going to the Botanical Gardens I went to the Space & Rocket Center to see our exhibit getting set up. This was my first time in the new Davidson center. I was impressed. They did a good job of setting it up so you can walk under the Saturn V rocket. I'll have to take Jeff back with me and show him the fake moon dirt glovebox I helped create.
