Allison has moved to the front half of her classroom with the kids ages 12-18 months. Some changes are that she eats at the same time with all 7 other kids at this miniature table, she’ll get one nap on a foam bed on the floor, she gets outside playtime (or in the gym when it’s raining) twice a day and there are lots more toys. And they no longer give her bottles. Since she’s still on a milk/formula mix, they just put that in her sippy cup. Her first primary care-giver is still in the room just other side, and Allison was so spoiled that she’s still having withdrawals and will cry out when she sees her. I guess that’s good and bad :)

Last week when I was holding Allison on the new side and talking to her new teacher, Allison and another boy kept reaching out to each other and smiling. Mrs. T told me that’s her boyfriend and she’s happy to see him since it’s been about 2 weeks when Chase moved to the other side of the classroom. So that was my warning. Yesterday when I went to pick Allison up I was early (for her dr appt) and the kids were at the playground. Soon enough they were coming down the hall. It’s so funny – they have a 6-seater stroller complete with red and white striped canvas top that looks like it belongs at a circus. Since there are 8 kids in the class, 2 get transported in a crib on wheels. Who was in that crib… Allison and Chase. I had caught my baby in bed with her first boyfriend! Normally she smiles when I come get her, but this time, no reaction. I picked her up out of the crib and she started crying and Chase was sticking his arm out again trying to grab her. All I can say is that she has good taste – Chase is the cutest boy in the class. Hehe.

Her 12 month appt was yesterday where she got 4 shots and finger prick to test for anemia. She is 21 lbs and 29 ¼ inches which are both about 50th percentile. Her head size is leveling off but still huge at 90%. I wondered if she remembered that place because as soon as she left our arms the screams started. She calmed down soon enough and now we typically keep her on Tylenol for 24 hours after shots. I mentioned her not sleeping well the past 2 weeks, which was the same time we started milk and she was congested. Both ears were red and fluid behind one, so she’s back on antibiotics. I hope the regular Amoxicillin kicks it so we don’t have to have the stronger stuff that causes atrocious diapers. The dr also told us that starting at 12 months some kids start dreaming and getting nightmares, and it’s best to not pick them up! Just go into their room tell them it’s ok and not pick them up or feed them which would just reinforce that behavior. I’ve tried the cry it out a few times and it’s hard! Jeff and I are still alternating nights of who gets the baby monitor, so we get decent sleep every other night. This keeps the mis-communication and mumbling turning to yelling down in the middle of the night trying to figure out who’s going to get her. I often wonder how most parents deal with that.

3 comments:

  1. Karen

    Is it too early for a Sat play date????

  1. Karen

    In our house it was only me that got
    up with the kids at night!!!! Of course I didn't have a job! But, a whole night of sleep sure would have been nice once in awhile!!

  1. Connie

    You're lucky Jeff takes his turn. In my house I was the one that was up with sick kids. But in all honesty when the twins were little Mark worked at night so on his nights off from work he would stay up anyway and let me get some sleep! Especially if I had to work the next day! And it was always double the sickness with two babies! I think that's why I'm crazy now. They sucked the brains and life out of me!!!Ha Ha

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr