Yep that title is like typing out a whine. Lots of people have been whining about the rain. But the latest forecast looks about perfect this week - clear and highs in the 70s. Some friends of ours live in a neighborhood that does not have sidewalks, so when we get flash floods, they have yards half full of water. I just about lost it laughing/crying when I read on facebook that a friend was wanting to go redneck water skiing. He posted a video, unfortunately it was not of himself but some other stupid rednecks in Texas. Some guys found a wide waterski or kneeboard, a rope, and a 4-wheeler to drive down the street while pulling the guy on the along in a ditch. It's pretty funny. And I think there are enough crazy people that it could catch on. haha.

We had a wonderful visit in Meridian. Jeff's parents have been working on remodeling/updating their house and it looks terrific. But I think the best thing about this visit was that it was like staying in a smoke free house. Soon after Allison was born Karen quit smoking traditional cigarettes and started the electric one that emits water vapor. Between that and pulling up half the carpet in the house, it was a breath of fresh air in that place. A few friends of hers stopped by to see Allison and brought more gifts. I've said it before, but I'm just amazed at how people love babies and will buy so many gifts. Then the chef friends came by with homemade gumbo. Yummy! It's always good to have friends that love to cook, when you have a house full of Machamer men that love to eat. I think Frank even got Bruce to use the grill outside. I'm so glad that Jeff and his brothers are opposite from their dad on the whole cooking front. I think all 3 boys like to cook and have fun experimenting with it.

Allison is not crawling yet, but she does scoot herself backward. It's pretty funny. And still no teeth but she'll get fussy when she can't chew on something so it's gotta be soon. I think in preparation for my sisters visit in a couple weekends with her whole rambunctious crew, we'll start baby proofing the house for Allison too.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr