So I have tried out 3 different teachers for the wine and canvas type parties. I think I still like the first the best. A couple weeks ago there was one at the Monaco, and that teacher was a flake. She kept saying stuff like, oh use whatever color you want and if that's where you want to put it well you go right ahead honey. And she didn't even start her own painting till 1.5 hours into it. That's not teaching! Last night was another lady that came to my friends office. She was a better teacher and more likeable overall, but the painting was a bit ambitious for new painters. Most of the other/student paintings in the room did not have much dimension. She had one painting done, and then the painting she painted in class was with mostly different colors. So that made it a bit hard for me to follow. I'm not crazy about mine - still deciding if I'll hang it up in my kitchen or not.


The wine and cheese is the most recent. The Van Gogh style one is from the Monaco party - supposed to be Starry night over Huntsville. I may have to buy some paints and work on that one some more.

2 comments:

  1. Keri Donald

    I've never heard of wine and canvas parties. Pretty cool idea. I think your paintings look awesome! Especially the starry night one. :)

  1. Anonymous

    Yummy - now I'm hungry for cheese!

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr