I'm attempting to build up some stamina for hiking and walking in Alaska.
Last night Jeff and I went out to eat and then looked at ovens and paint, so I didn’t walk.
I'm meeting some girl friends tonight, so I don’t think I'll be walking after a martini, so I decided to bring a change of clothes and walk on the little trail near by my office. It's a half a mile loop, part of it shaded and part open and sunny. I forgot my MP3 player so here are some of the random things that popped in my head...

* The wooded area is also close to the steam/piping (?) lines. Today they are making a constant chug chug sound that makes me think of a monster breathing heavy while chasing you and I'm walking along what is now a secluded wooded curvy path, perfect background for a scary movie.
* Ah, the smell of honeysuckle brings pleasant thoughts back
* Ooh, wild strawberries, I loved strawberry shortcake when I was a kid. When I was a kid I didn’t have to worry about exercising, oh how it'd be nice to be a care free 5 year old again. I was usually only scared of some of my brothers friends and could go hide under my tall bed with the strawberry shortcake comforter.
* Ah, the smell of freshly cut grass.
* I see 5 construction workers, 1 is holding something, 1 is hitting it with a sledge hammer thingy, and 3 are standing around watching - wonder how much gov't money is being wasted just in that little group.
* Those people passed me on the trail and didn’t say hi, they must not be from the south.
* (looking through the trees), ack that man is not wearing a shirt - it's highly improbable that he is one of the 4 good-looking men I've seen around here, must walk faster so I don’t run into him.
* I wonder how different the trees and foliage and greenery will be in Alaska. It'll be nice to be in completely different surroundings. Man, what do cityslickers do when they are just surrounded by concrete and buildings. Guess I'm pretty fortunate to be able to break up my work day with nice walks like this in 74 degree weather.

1 comments:

  1. Keri Donald

    Hey!

    I just happened to visit your website and noticed that you have a blog! Yea! Another one to add to my list. :)

    This is a great post. I like those "random thoughts" type posts... especially when there are memories involved.

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr