As my friends know, one of my goals in life the past couple years has been to be nicer, or rather not vocalize everything that comes into my critical mind. (yes it's still a struggle) Well I have a new inspiration source. A guy I work with is always so friendly and always cracking jokes (he's actually funny). He was part of the group for a work trip recently and that is where I realized that his niceness would wear me out. I'm not just talking nice to the co-workers - I mean to everyone from the flight attendant that ran her fingers through his hair (true story), to the gas station clerk - everyone! So even if I'll never be on his level, I can still use him a reminder to set me straight. Today was another example. I go over for a meeting and somewhere after cracking a joke with us he mentions a headache that is going on a couple days. Then maybe 15 minutes later he makes a remark that the loratab still hasn't kicked his headache. OMG - his headache is so bad he had to take a loratab, and he can still function normal and be smiling. I'm amazed b/c in comparison I'd just be sitting quietly at my desk not making contact with anyone for fear of being to grumpy. Actually if it were loratab I'd be curled up in a ball on the floor shaking and sweating, but that’s another topic of my reactions to pain pills.

1 comments:

  1. the10sgirl

    You can do it! I know you can be nice!!!

    Tony Robbins has some great books for positive thinking.... :-)

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr