0
So last week was a bit crazier than normal. I'm not used to being on the phone much, but lots of family calls were exchanged. After several revisions, we got the obituary written and I posted it in the Houston Chronicle. You can read it here. We were all shocked to find out how much they charge to run an obit ad - almost $12 a line (with a line being 3 or 5 words). so this was almost $200. I've heard other cities are free. I don't want to get into it too much here, but there are some truly kind people my mom made friends with in CR that helped take of her. Words can't express my gratitude and I'll always be thankful there are people in this world that can love a friend so much. One of her friends fw'd some pics from the memorial they had at the house. This one is clickable to a larger version in a new window.
Friday night we went out to eat with some of my work buddies since Philip is leaving town. Afterward 4 friends came back to our house and we played pool and ping pong. Overall, nice fun night.
Since I'm a planner, work is a bit stressing right now. I'm trying to plan a booth for a tradeshow and I'm still waiting to hear what all we're bringing and if I'm going. Shipping has to get done before my cruise on the 24th. I haven't had time to enjoy the planning part of the cruise yet. It will be a very nice break - no phones or email for me to hear the latest family drama. I'm not used to family drama! :)
